UNESCO Chair on Education for Sustainable Development (942), established in 2011 at The Center for Ecological-Noosphere Studies of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia (Armenia)
Education for sustainable development (ESD).
Within the framework of the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (DESD) the specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- provide new opportunities to incorporate ESD into education reform efforts in the country using an integrated and systematic approach in formal and informal education at all levels, in particular through the development of effective pedagogical approaches, curricula, learning materials and education leadership development;
- foster an increased quality of teaching and learning in ESD;
- promote evidence-informed policy dialogue on ESD drawing upon relevant research, monitoring and evaluation strategies;
- facilitate networking, linkages and exchange of interaction between different stakeholders in the region; and,
- develop institutional mechanisms during the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development and other ongoing Decades, which will ensure the implementation of ESD beyond these Decades.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education; UNESCO Office in Moscow
Contact: Prof. Gayane Poghosyan, UNESCO Chairholder
The Center for Ecological-Noosphere Studies of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia
68, Abovian Street
Phone: + 374-10- 56-93-31
Fax: 374-10- 58-02-54
E-mail: eco-centr(at)rambler.ru; gayane_surenovna(at)yahoo.com