UNESCO Chair on Peace, Human Rights and Democracy (16), established in 1996 at the European University Centre for Peace Studies (Austria).
Disciplines related to peace, human rights and democracy.
- To develop an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of peace, human rights and democracy in order to promote a culture of peace.
- To contribute to the dissemination of the values of tolerance and mutual understanding as well as non-discrimination.
- To facilitate sub regional and regional collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teachers and the research and teaching staff of the Centre.
- To initiate research and help elaborate a curriculum concerning issues of peace, human rights and democracy for use in the programmes of the Centre and as a contribution to work under way for the progressive development of a nationwide system of permanent education for peace, human rights and democracy.
- Austrian Study Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution.
- UNESCO Chairs in Culture of Peace / Human Rights
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Dr Gerald Mader, European University Center for Peace Studies (EPU)
President, UNESCO Chairholder
E-Mail address - aspr(at)aspr.ac.at
Work Phone - +(43 33) 55 24 98
Fax - +(43 33) 55 23 81
Street - Rochusplatz 1
City - Stadtschlaining/Burg
Postal Code - A-7461
Country - Austria