UNESCO Chair in Community-based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education (986), established in 2012 at the The University of Victoria (Canada).
Social responsibility in higher Education; community-university research partnerships.
- The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- facilitate North-South-South and South-South collaboration in building the institutional capacity of both higher education and selective civil society research organizations in the theory and practice of community-university research partnerships;
- identify the most effective practices in community-university research partnerships, with special emphasis on vulnerable communities and less wealthy nations;
- help strengthen the engagement and social responsibility dimensions of higher education in collaboration with relevant networks;
- contribute to the training of a new generation of community-engaged scholars and community-based researchers with a special attention to Africa and Indigenous Studies; and,
- support policy-makers in the design, as well as implementation, of supportive policy frameworks for community-university research partnerships.
The University of Victoria (Canada)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Contacts: Prof. Dr David H. Turpin
President and Vice-Chancellor
The University of Victoria
PO Box 1700, STN CSC
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada V8W 2Y2
Dr Rajesh Tandon
The Society for Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA)
42, Tughlakabad institutional Area
New Delhi – 110062