UNESCO Chair in Problem-Based Learning in Engineering Education (754),established in 2007 at Aalborg University, Aalborg (Denmark).
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of problem-based learning in engineering education.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Denmark and elsewhere in Europe and North America, and in other regions of the world.
- The general objectives are to contribute to making universities become learning organizations which are capable of playing an active role in the development of the surrounding society.
- This UNESCO Chair will have also these objectives:
- to create a global sustainable society of researchers, experts and institutions in Problem-Based and Project-Organized Learning (PBL) in Engineering Education;
- to disseminate and exchange knowledge and support among partners both in terms of how to implement PBL in education, in carrying out research in PBL and in applying PBL methodologies to societal issues;
- to give teachers, leaders, higher education institutions and governments open access to a body of knowledge, education, training and other resources in PBL and Engineering Education.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof Anette Kolmos, Aalborg University
E-Mail address - ak(at)plan.aau.dk
Work Phone - +45 96358307
Fax - +45 9815-1085
Street - Fibigerstraede 13
City - Aalborg
Postal Code - DK-9000
Country - Denmark