UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship and Intercultural Management (867), established in 2010 at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal (Germany)
Entrepreneurship and Intercultural Management.
- To raise awareness and motivation among concerned stakeholders (academics, entrepreneurs, private investors, community representatives) with regard to the importance of entrepreneurship education, as well as to the concept of an entrepreneurial university on governance and university management;
- To develop the entrepreneurial capacities and mindsets of students;
- To sensitize students to the idea of self-employment as an alternative to being employed, and prepare them to become job-creators instead of job-seekers;
- To support regions to create an entrepreneurial culture and to discover their entrepreneurial potential;
- To design common teaching materials (at undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate levels) focused on entrepreneurship, and which can be used by UNESCO Chairs and Networks as well as other partners.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Contact: Prof. Christine Volkmann,
The Bergische Universität Wuppertal
Phone: +49 202 439 3979
Fax: +49 202 439 2464