UNESCO Chair in Higher Education for Sustainable Development (687), established in 2005 at the University of Lueneburg (Germany).
Sustainability for university education and its implementation in research and education.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the fields of sustainability for university education and its implementation in research and education.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Germany and elsewhere in Europe, and in other regions of the world.
- Universidad Arcis (Chile)
- Universidad Bolivariana (Chile)
- Universidad Tecnológica Vicente Pérez Rosales, VIPRO (Chile)
- Yonsei University in Seoul and Wonju (Korea)
- University of Latvia, Riga (Latvia)
- UNESCO Chair in Reorienting Teacher Education towards Sustainability, York University (Canada)
- UNESCO Chair in Civics and Multicultural Education Studies, Jaan Tonisson institute (Estonia)
- UNESCO Chair in Global E-Learning with applications to multiple domains, University of Tampere (Finland)
- UNESCO Chair in Healthy Life for Sustainable Development, Moscow State University for Medicine and Density (MSUMD) (Russian Federation)
- UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Society, University of Granada (Spain)
- UNESCO Chair in Environmental Education, UNED, Madrid (Spain)
- University of Wageningen (Netherlands)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, Social and Human Sciences.
Dr. Gerd Michelsen, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Institute for Environmental and Sustainability Communication
E-Mail address - unesco(at)uni-lueneburg.de
Work Phone - 49(0) 41 31/677 2839
Fax - 49(0) 41 31/677 2819
Street - Scharnhorststr.1
City - Lueneburg
Postal Code - 21335
Country - Germany