UNESCO Chair in Marine Geology and Coastal Management (95), established in 1997 at the University of Kiel, (Germany).
- To encourage and facilitate the active participation of the teaching and research staff of GEOMAR and other institutions, in the implementation of relevant UNESCO activities selected case-by-case.
- To develop twinning and other linking arrangements among universities in Europe with special emphasis to the Baltic region and countries with limited capabilities in this field.
- To develop programmes for interdisciplinary graduate and postgraduate studies.
- To foster advanced teaching and research and to increase the availability of outstanding specialists within the participating institutions.
- To support the activities undertaken by the UNESCO-European Science Foundation Floating University Facility.
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
- Progress Report 2003-2004 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO Chair in Marine Geology and Coastal Management.
Prof. Wolf-Christian Dullo, Research Centre for marine Geosciences (GEOMAR), University of Kiel, Christian Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
E-Mail address - cdullo(at)geomar.de
Work Phone - 49 (0)431 600 2215
Fax - 49 (0)431 600 2925
Street - Wichhofstrasse, 1-3
City - Kiel
Postal Code - D 2300
Country - Germany