UNESCO Chair in Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in education for sustainable development (799), established in 2008 at the University of Crete, Rethymnon, Crete (Greece).
ICTs in education for sustainable development.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of ICTs in education for sustainable development. It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Greece and elsewhere in Europe, and in other regions of the world.
- The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- investigate the present situation of education for sustainable development in teacher education institutions in Greece and promote the integration of education for sustainable development in these institutions, with support of ICTs;
- coordinate the development of a common framework of competencies and standards of ICTs in education for sustainable development among the established North-South network addressed to teachers;
- design and implement capacity-building by setting-up a “training of teachers trainers” mechanism for enhancing pre-service and in-service teachers’ skills on ICTs in education for sustainable development; and
- coordinate and conduct experiments and research on ICTs in education for sustainable development in the study programmes and teacher practice courses of the network’s teacher education institutions.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Dr Vassilios Makrakis, Department of Education, University of Crete
E-Mail address - makrakis(at)edc.uoc.gr
Work Phone - (30-210)-895-25-46
Cellular Phone - (30-693)-686-3051
Fax - (30-210) -895-25-46
Street - University Campus, Gallos
City - Rethymnon Crete
Postal Code - 74100
Country - Greece