UNESCO Chair on Sustainable Development Management and Education in the Mediterranean (983), established in 2012 at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece).
Education for sustainable development, sustainable development management.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- contribute to strengthening capacities in sustainable development and education for sustainable development in the Mediterranean region;
- promote undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training in sustainable development and education for sustainable development targeting students, educators, academics, professionals and managers;
- promote the development of a framework for competencies and standards on education for sustainable development in the Mediterranean, and contribute to the development of a Mediterranean Strategy on Education for Sustainable Development;
- create opportunities for synergy, coordination and enhanced cooperation in research on sustainable development and education for sustainable development among higher education institutions and other key stakeholders (civil society, NGOs, the private sector etc.); and,
- cooperate closely with UNESCO on relevant programmes and activities.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network:
Contact: Prof. Michael Scoullos, UNESCO Chairholder
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Department of Chemistry, Laboratory of Environment Chemistry
30, Panepistimiou str.