UNESCO Chair for Minority Studies (103), established in 1997 at Eötvös Lórand University (ELTE), (Hungary).
Sociology; Minority studies.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, internships, information and documentation activities focusing on national identity, minority experience and inter-group relations, and on policy formulation in these fields, and to the opening of policy dialogue between the social actors concerned (State, local authorities, communities, NGOs, researchers, media, etc.).
- To sensitize public opinion, researchers and decision-makers to the most appropriate policies and programmes in the field of minority studies.
- To facilitate collaboration between the research team of the University, other institutions in the Central European region, high-level internationally recognized researchers and institutions, and UNESCO's Intergovernmental Programme on the Management of Social Transformation.
- Central European University (Hungary)
- Open Society Institute (Hungary)
- ERCOMER, Universiteit Utrecht (Netherlands)
- Márai Sándor Foundation (Slovakia)
- Minority Research Institute (Slovenia)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Prof. Antal Orkeny, Lórand Eötvös University (ELTE), Institute of Sociology and Social Policy
E-Mail address - orkeny(at)isis.elte.hu
Work Phone - 36 1 266 3860
Fax - 36 1 266 3860
Street - 10, Pollack Mihaly Ter
City - Budapest
Postal Code - H 1088
Country - Hungary