UNESCO Chair in Children, Youth and Civic Engagement (806), established in 2008 at The National University of Ireland, Galway (Ireland).
Children, youth and civic engagement.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- conduct research in children, youth and civic engagement;
- deliver teaching programmes and disseminate and share, between partners, teaching materials and promote tools that promote civic engagement among children and youth;
- provide, to partner organizations, consultation on child and youth mentoring; as well as civic engagement through informal education programmes;
- facilitate international debate on civic engagement as an international policy issue;
- formalize a sustainable international consortium on civic engagement as a method of education for young people, youth, work professionals, NGOs and academics.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Dr Pat Dolan, Child and Family Research Centre, School of Political Science and Sociology, The National University of Ireland
Director of the Centre
E-Mail address - pat.dolan(at)nuigalway.ie
Work Phone - +353-91-49-293-0
City - Galway
Country - Ireland