UNESCO Chair in Plant-Water Relationships in Desert Sand Dunes (111), established in 1994 at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, (Israel).
Desertification control; Agricultural development.
- To promote the development of human resources through postgraduate training programmes for students, young researchers, and members of research teams, in the field of modern techniques and approaches for the study of the soil-root.
- To ensure canopy-atmosphere continuum.
- To learn how to transform sand dunes in areas where sustainable agriculture can be developed.
- To develop twinning and other types of international academic co-operation, in particular between universities and research institutions in Israel and China in the fields related to the activities of the UNESCO Chair.
- To promote exchange of students and professors between the co-operating universities and research organizations.
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Pedro Berliner, Project leader
Ben Gurion University, Sede-Boqer Campus
French Associates Institute for Agriculture and Biotechnology of Drylands
Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert Research
E-Mail address - berliner(at)bgu.ac.il
Work Phone: 972-8-6596755
Fax : 972-8-6596757
Postal Code - 84990
Country - Israel