Community of Mediterranean Universities (CMU) (333), established in 1992 at the University of Bari, (Italy).
Emphasis is put on environmental and health issues.
Other fields: Health and population; Natural sciences; Economy and business administration; Management of maritime transports; Agriculture; Energy; Water resources; Law; Languages; International understanding and peace; Culture; Tourism.
- To develop twinning and other linking arrangements between the participating universities; to develop sub regional and regional co-operation networks of higher education institutions.
- To establish, wherever the requisite conditions are met, joint UNESCO-CUM Chairs which shall foster scientific advancement through research in relevant disciplines and shall seek to increase the availability of outstanding specialists within the participating universities.
- To seek official recognition of studies and degrees at undergraduate or postgraduate levels.
- Association of French-Speaking Universities
- PEACE Programme
- Higher education institutions in Albania and Cyprus
- UNESCO Chairs in Spain
- Universities of the Black Sea Region and the Maghreb countries
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Carlo Di Benedetta, Community of Mediterranean Universities, Institute of Human Physiology, Università degli Studi di Bari
E-Mail address - cdbe(at)cimedoc.uniba.it
Work Phone - 39 (0)80 547 84 20
Fax - 39 (0)80 547 84/17/16
Street - Piazza Giulio Cesare
City - Bari
Postal Code - I-70124
Country - Italy