UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights (848), established in 2009 at the Università Europea di Roma and The Ateneo Pontificio Regina Apostolorum (Italy).
Bioethics and human rights.
The Specific objectives of the Chair are to:
- contribute to the integral formation of higher education students and teachers from several countries, in particular those from developing countries, in the field of the responsibility of using new technologies, through conferences, courses of specialization and a doctorate programme;
- coordinate and organize activities in order to study research on the ethical and legal aspects of new biotechnologies used for therapeutic purposes in respect of human dignity and human rights; and
- conduct multidisciplinary research of new relevant questions that arise in biomedicine, bio-law and ecology particularly in problems that concern human life.
- Università Europea di Roma (Italy)
- Ateneo Pontificio Regina Apostolorum (Italy)
- UNESCO Chair's website
Progress Report 2009-2010(website)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Dr Alberto Garcia, UNESCO Chairholder,
UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights
Ateneo Pontificio Regina Apostolorum
Street - Via degli Aldobrandeschi 190
City - Roma
Postal Code - 00163
City - Italy