UNESCO Chair in Energy for Sustainable Development (966), established in 2012 at the Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
Energy for sustainable development.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- facilitate opportunities for North-South, South-South and triangular multiple-stakeholder cooperation for research, teaching, knowledge-sharing and networking in the field of energy for sustainable development;
- foster capacity-building for the establishment and implementation of energy systems based on the use of local energy sources and appropriate technologies to cover energy needs;
- carry out joint studies and research on access to energy and energy efficiency;
- contribute to the strengthening of cooperation between industry and academia in the field of energy; and,
- establish an interactive internet-based platform to support these activities.
International conference "Sustainable Energy Strategies in Low and Middle Income Countries: Blending technology, finance and policy beyond 2012", by the UNESCO Chair at the Politecnico di Milano (22-23 November,2012)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Contact: Dr Prof. Emanuela Colombo, UNESCO Chairholder
Rector's Delegate to Cooperation and Development
Department of Energy
Politecnico di Milano
Via Lambruschini 4