UNESCO Chair in Sciences and Spirituality (667), established in 2004 at the Institute For Oriental Studies, Almaty (Kazakhstan).
History, linguistics, cultural and religious studies.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of history , linguistics, cultural, and religious studies.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the Institute and other institutions in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Institute for Oriental Studies of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Institute of Oriental Studies, Russian Academy
- of Sciences, St-Petersburg Branch (St-Petersburg, Russia)
- Abu Raikhan Beruni Institute of Oriental Studies, Academy of Sciences of
- Uzbekistan (Tashkent, Uzbekistan)
- India-Central Asia Foundation (New Delhi, India)
- Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology, Academy of Social Sciences of China (Beijing, China)
- First Historical Archive of China (Beijing, China)
- Academic Centre of Socio-Economic Researches, Academy of Sciences of Mongolia (Ulgii, Mongolia)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
- Progress Report 2006 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO Chair in Sciences and Spirituality.
Prof. Meruert Abuseitova, Institute of Oriental Studies at the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Director, UNESCO Chairholder
E-Mail address - mabusseitova(at)hotmail.com
Work Phone - +7 (327) 272-6963
Fax - +7 (327) 261-2835
Street - 29, Kurmangazy Street
City - Almaty
Postal Code - 480100
Country - Republic of Kazakhstan