UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering Education (891), established in 2010 at the AGH University of Sciences and Technology, Krakow(Poland)
Fields/Disciplines: Science, technology, mechanical engineering, information technology, manufacturing engineering, transportation engineering, earth sciences.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- mobilize science knowledge for sustainable development, benefit of the environment and the management of natural resources;
- foster policies and capacity building in science, technology and innovation;
- build synergy among universities, higher education institutions, training centres, foundations and research centres, through development of partnerships between existing Chairs along the North-South and South-South axes, which will ensure a critical mass for enhancing quality education;
- promote principles, practices and ethical norms relevant for scientific and technological development and enhancing research-policy linkages relevant to social transformations;
- promote cooperation in advanced research, training, and documentation between higher engineering education and industries;
- strengthen the capacity and knowledge base of policy-makers, curriculum planners, teacher trainers and teachers, in basic sciences and technology practice and transfer, and innovation in engineering.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Contact: Prof. Dr hab.C.Eng. Janusz Szpytko, UNESCO Chairholder
AGH University of Sciences and Technology
A. Mickiewicza Ave. 30
Krakow PL 30-059
E-mail: szpytko(at)agh.edu.pl; unesco(at)agh.edu.pl