UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development (168), established in 1994 at the European institute for local and regional development, University of Warsaw (Poland).
Disciplines related to development and environment preservation.
- To promote an integrated system of research, improvement, information and documentation activities as well as the specialized postgraduate training.
- To analyse the economic, socio-political and socio-cultural aspects of sustainable development from a multi-field point of view. It will lead to the training of methods that could be concretely applied in various areas and to the strengthening of the formulation capacities of integrated policies in the fields of environment and development.
- To strengthen international scientific co-operation, by animating and coordinating a network of institutions in particular institutions of Central European and developing countries.
- Czech Academy of Sciences (Czech Republic)
- Roskilde University (Denmark)
- Center of Self-government Studies (SPTC), Klaipeda, (Lithuania)
- University of Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Polish Academy of Sciences (Poland)
- Slovak Academy of Sciences (Slovakia)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Strathclyde University (United Kingdom)
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Prof. Bohdan Jalowiecki, Institut européen pour le développement local et régional,Uniwersytet Warzawski
E-Mail address - euroreg(at)plearn.edu.pl
Work Phone - 48 22 26 16 54
Fax - 48 22 26 21 68
Street - ul. Krakowskie Przedmiescie 26/28
City - Warsawa
Postal Code - PL 00-927
Country - Pologne