UNESCO Chair in Bioethics (850), established in 2009 at the Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Portugal).
- identify fundamental bioethical questions with relevance to the Portuguese culture;
- develop research projects in main areas of current bioethical debate and with important public policy implications;
- provide excellent education in bioethics to students and professionals;
- promote national and international bioethical dialogue through publications, research collaboration, training programmes and institutional partnerships;
- enhance networking of Portuguese, Brazilian and African bioethicists in order to study and understand the similarities between ethics values and principles within distinct environments and cultures; andstrengthen and
- launch ethics committees within African Portuguese speaking countries.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Manuel Joaquim Pinho Moreira de Azevedo, Universidad Católica Portuguesa
Street - Rua Diego Botelho 1327
City - Porto
Postal code - 4169-005
Country - Portugal