UNESCO Chair in Human Rights and Democracy (180), established in 1998 at the University of the North Baia Mare (Romania).
Disciplines related to human rights and democracy.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of human rights and democracy.
- To facilitate regional and sub-regional collaboration between high-level internationally recognized researchers and the teaching staff of the University.
- To foster research and to contribute to the development of a study plan concerning human rights, democracy and peace for use in the programmes of the University and other higher education institutions of Romania, by forming a national focal point for the activities in this field.
In collaboration with
- Rumanian institute for human rights, Bucharest.
- University of Sarajevo (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
- University of Zagreb (Croatia)
- University of Budapest (Hungary)
- University of Athènes (Greece)
- University of Chisinau (Republic of Moldova)
- SNSPA (National Schoof of Politics and Administration) (Romania)
- University of Cluj (Romania)
- Kogalniceanu University of Iasi (Romania)
- University of Ljublijana (Slovenia)
- University of Istanbul (Turkey)
- University of Ankara (Turkey)
- Universities of Cernauti et de Kiev (Ukraine)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences; CEPES.
- Progress Report 2007 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO Chair in Human Rights and Democracy.
Dr Gheorghe Mihai Bârle
UNESCO Chairholder, UNESCO Chair for Human Rights and Democracy
Work Phone : 40 262 21 89 22
Fax:40 262 27 61 53
Street - Str. Victor Babes nr. 62A
City - Baia Mare
Postal Code - 4800
Country - Romania