UNESCO Chair in Green Chemistry for Sustainable Development (994), established in 2012 at D. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia, Moscow(Russian Federation).
Sustainable (green) chemistry and education for sustainable development.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- carry out collaborative research with partners on sustainable (green) chemistry and education for sustainable development, as well as disseminate results widely;
- collect, analyze and disseminate information and good practices in education for sustainable development and green chemistry to improve theory and practice, and to enhance international cooperation in these areas;
- develop undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, as well as provide training to students, teachers and professionals;
- organize seminars and conferences to facilitate networking, sharing of knowledge and good practices in green chemistry and education for sustainable development; and,
- foster interaction with relevant UNESCO Chairs in the country and abroad.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences; UNESCO Moscow Office
Contact: Prof. Natalya Tarasova, UNESCO Chairholder
The D. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia
9, Miusskaya square
Phone: 007 (499) 978-87-33
Fax: 007 (495) 609-29-64