UNESCO Chair in Innovative and Information Technologies in Higher Professional Education (893), established in 2010, the National Research University- Higher School of Economics (Russian Federation)
Fields/Disciplines: ICTs in higher education.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- enhance the efficiency and quality of pre-and in-service teacher training, teaching and learning processes, and the conduct of research on the use of new methods and technologies in higher professional education, with due regard to the best practices in this field;
- use of distance education and of e-learning, in addition to traditional education, so as to reach academic staff and students from remote regions of the Russian Federation, including the North Caucasus;
- engage, in partnership with other UNESCO Chairs, in knowledge sharing and networking activities targeted at the continuous professional development of academic staff;
- analyze the possibility of using quality open educational resources (OER) for academic staff development, as recommended by the 2009 World Conference on Higher Education;
- create a laboratory equipped with the latest e-learning technologies for the development of multimedia, interactive textbooks and resources.
The National Research University – Higher School of Economics, Moscow (Russian Federation)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, UNESCO Office in Moscow
Contact: Dr Evgueni A. Khvilon, UNESCO Chairholder,
Higher School of Economics
National Research University
20 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa