UNESCO Chair in Regional Studies for Environmental and Population Issues (185), established in 1996 at the North-Ossetian State University (Russian Federation).
Environmental and population education.
- To develop a programme of environmental and population education, designed in accordance with the best world practice and the specific realities of the Caucasian region.
- To serve as a centre of excellence for other universities and educational institutions of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania and the Caucasian region in order to raise the academic level and practical relevance of research.
- To provide advisory services for the local political and social institutions.
- To develop in co-operation with local economic partners, problem-oriented training in the field of environmental education.
- To organize environmental training of mass media specialists and assist in increasing environmental awareness among academics, teachers, politicians, civil servants and the public at large, including the members of ethnic minorities.
- North-Ossetian State University
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Prof. Akhourbek Magometov, North-Ossetian State University
E-Mail address - firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Phone - 7 867 2 74 31 91
Fax - 7 867 2 74 05 79
Street - Vatutina Str. 46
City - Vladikavkaz
Province/State - North Ossetia-Alania
Postal Code - 362025
Country - Russian Federation