UNESCO Chair in Remote Sensing and Modeling in Oceanography (721), established in 2006 at The Russian State Hydrometeorological University, St Petersburg (Russian Federation).
Oceanology, environmental and sustainable development.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of satellite, ocean remote sensing; oceanographic modeling, ocean and coastal ecosystem dynamics, environmental and sustainable development.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in the Russian Federation.
- The Russian State Hydrometeorological University, St Petersburg. Website
- St Petersburg State University,
- Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute,
- State Oceanographic Institute,
- St Petersburg
- Hydrometeorological Institute,
- OdessaAzerbaijan: Azerbaijan Scientific Centre,
- International Institute for Geo-Information Sciences and Earth Observation
- UNESCO/IOC BILKO Project Global Network coordinated by the International Bilko Executive Steering Team (IBST).
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences, UNESCO Moscow Office.
The Russian State Hydrometeorological University
Street - 98, Malookhtinsky prospect
City - St. Petersburg
Postal Code - 195196
Country - Russian Federation