UNESCO Chair in Social and Human Adaptation of the Arctic regions to Climate Change (947), established in 2011 at M.K. Ammosov North-Eastern Federal University, Yakutsk (Russian Federation)
Social and humanitarian sciences, agricultural sciences, culture studies, sociology social informatics, global studies, ecology, biology, and demographics.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- provide scientific justification and assessment of the Arctic’s role in global climate processes and natural climatic changes in various environments;
- conduct scientific research on the development and the influence of these factors on the social and human adaptation in the conditions of the Arctic;
- collect process and summarize the results of scientific research on the abovementioned issues and design an educational and informational portal on the Arctic issues;
- organize an integrated educational process on the issues of social and human adaptation to climate change and globalization in the Arctic regions through the development of new courses in this field at Yakut higher education institutions;
- contribute, as appropriate, to the implementation of the relevant provisions contained in the UNESCO Strategy for Action on Climate Change.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Mrs Evgenia Isaevna Mikhailova
The M.K. Ammosov North-Eastern Federal University
Belinskogo str., 58
Yakutsk, Sakha Republic (Yakutia)