UNESCO Chair in Knowledge Society and New Information Technologies (819), established in 2008 at the Russian New University, Institute of Information Technologies, Moscow (Russian Federation).
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of communication and information.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in the Russian Federation, CIS countries and Europe.
The objectives of activities shall :
- Disseminate information concerning the main trends and international experience in the field;
- Provide the necessary conditions for involving countries into the process of construction of knowledge and information societies worldwide;
- Foster co-operation between governments, public Sector, IGOs, NGOs, and the private sector which are competent to act in this sphere;
- Join forces of IGOs and NGOs, regional private and public sectors, which are competent to act in this sphere;
- Incorporate all education, scientific and cultural dimensions into the process of a construction of knowledge societies;
- Help bridge the digital divide between countries on the basis of the use of new information and communication technologies
- Enhance emphasis on establishing infrastructures, including the promotion of library and information services, with a focus on building digital libraries and the role of archives and records management.
- Russian New University, Institute of Information Technologies (Russian Federation).
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Communication and Information, UNESCO Office in Moscow.
Professor Vladimir G. Kenelev, The New Russian University, Institute of Information Technologies
E-Mail address - email@example.com
Work Phone - +7(495)-105-0383/105-03-81
Street - 22 Radio st,
City - Moscow
Postal Code - 105005
Country - Russian Federation