UNESCO Chair on New Information Technologies in Education and Science (422), established in 1999 at Kemerovo State University (Russian Federation).
Information and communication technologies; Distance education.
- To develop technologies for distance education in the University and in the Kemerovo and Western Siberia regions.
- To elaborate a curriculum, teaching methodology and, at later stage, electronic textbooks for distance education programmes.
- To provide training in information science and communication technologies.
- To ensure that the hardware and software received by the Kemerovo State University under the "University Internet Centres" programme are properly mastered and used.
- To promote distance education programmes at the University, in the Kemerovo and in Western Siberia regions.
- To conduct an assessment study on the use of distance education systems in prisons.
- To serve as a centre of expertise for certification of software and hardware in the Siberian region, if necessary.
- Kemerovo State University
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Communication and Information.
Dr. Konstantin Afanasiev, Kemorovo State University
UNESCO Chairholder, Vice-Rector of the Centre for New Information Technologies
E-Mail address - firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Phone - 7 3842 58-44-03
Fax - 7 3842 58-44-03
Street - Krasnaja str. 6
City - Kemerovo
Postal Code - 650043
Country - Russian Federation