UNESCO Chair in data privacy (762), established in 2007 at the University of Rovira i Virgili (Spain).
Data privacy, statistics.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training , information and documentation in the fields of data privacy.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Spain and elsewhere in Europe and North America, and other regions of the world.
- The specific objectives of the Chair are:
- To train the public administrations of transition countries, and especially their national statistical institutes, in privacy-preserving techniques and legal aspects of data privacy.
- To promote the adoption of privacy-preserving technologies by the private sector.
- To raise public awareness of the need, the right and the technical feasibility of preserving individual privacy in the information society. This ought to be done in both developed and transition countries.
- To Promote cross-national research on privacy technologies.
- To exchange master and doctoral students on privacy between transition and developed countries.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Progress report 2008 (short version)
Progress Report 2007 (short version)
Dr Josep Domingo Ferrer, University Rovira i Virgili
E-Mail address - josep.domingo(at)urv.cat
Work Phone - (34) 977 55 82 70
Fax - (34) 977 55 97 10
Street - C/ de l’Escorxador, s/n
City - Tarragona
Postal Code - 43003
Country - Spain