UNESCO Chair in Education Sciences in Latin America and the Caribbean (492), established in 1999 at the University of Alcalá de Henares (Spain).
- To study and propose models of natural sciences education allowing to improve quality of education and to promote equal opportunities
- To design and develop postgraduate programmes of study for the training of trainers of teachers of natural sciences
- To create and promote in the universities the network of specialists in science didactics.
- To strengthen national capabilities to adapt the teaching programme of sciences to the realities of the country and to cooperate in the development of didactic material for teachers and students.
- To optimize resources thanks to the use of the bibliography and databases of the concerned institutions.
- To design communication material to support the dissemination of teaching knowledge and innovations generated within the framework of the project by teachers of natural sciences.
- To facilitate the exchanges of teachers among the institutions of the concerned areas to allow them to complete their training, to make them know about other education systems and to develop joint projects.
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Dr Daniel Meziat Luna, UNESCO Chairholder
Universidad de Alcala de Henares
Departamento de Automática. Despacho DE-305
Ctra. Madrid-Barcelona km 31,600.
28871 Alcalá de Henares.Madrid