UNESCO Chair in Environmental Studies (560), established in 2001 at the King Juan Carlos University (Spain).
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of environment study.
- To facilitate collaboration between high-level internationally recognized researchers and the teaching staff of the University, and other higher education institutions in Latin America and in the Caribbean.
- The set up programmes of study with environmental content in the courses of the various schools and faculties of the University.
- To prepare and implement cooperation agreements with Latin American and Caribbean institutions in all the fields related to public policies for the environment and sustainable development.
- To create a center of excellence devoted more particularly to research on the sociological problems raised by public policies and legislation related to environment.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Dr Lago Candeira Alejandro, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Escuela Superior de Ciencias Experimentales y Tecnología (ESCET)
UNESCO Chairholder, UNESCO Chair in Environmental Studies
E-Mail address - unesco(at)urjc.es
Work Phone - 34 914887113
Fax - 34 914887068
Street - Edificio Departamental I, Oficina 114C/ Tulipán s/n
City - Móstoles
Province/State - Madrid
Postal Code - 28933
Country - Spain