UNESCO Chair in Planning, New Technologies and Sustainable Development (228), established in 1993 at the University of La Laguna within the framework of the ISA network (Spain).
To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in order to:
- To improve and strengthen the systems of resources planning, management and evaluation.
- To establish the technical and scientific bases for a better use of endogenous competences, in particular in the developing countries by increasing, through cooperation, the national capacities in the field of evaluation and management of ecologically rational technologies
- To develop capacity building by scientific and technical assistance.
- To provide a technical and scientific support to the institutions in charge of research, development and implementation of sustainable development programs.
- University of La Laguna. Website
- Universidad Mayor de San Simón (Bolivia). Website
- UNESCO Chairs in Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Members of the ISA Network.
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Prof. Matías Lopez, Universidad de La Lagunahttp://cms01.unesco.org/?id=
Work Phone - 34 922 31 94 57
Fax - 34 922 25 96 28
Street - Molinos de Aguna s/n 38207
City - La Laguna, Tenerife
Postal Code - E 38207
Country - Espagne