UNESCO Chair of Intercultural Studies (546), established in 2001 at the Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona (Spain).
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of intercultural studies.
- To facilitate collaboration between high-level internationally recognized researchers and the teaching staff of the University, and other institutions in the Mediterranean countries.
- To increase the awareness of the university community and the civil society (through the NGOs) on the consequences of the current migratory processes on ethnic identities.
- The Chair, through its interdisciplinary approach, will diffuse knowledge in the fields of genetics of populations, anthropology, history and philosophy.
- Through the initiatives, it will particularly stress the decisive role of education in resolution of conflicts generated by the meeting of cultures.
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. FranciscoFernández Buey, University Pompeu Fabra
E-Mail address - francisco.fernandez(at)upf.edu
Work Phone - +3493 5421631
Fax - +34 -93 5422416
Plaza de la Mercé 10-12