UNESCO Chair of Philosophy for Peace (477), established in 1999 at Jaume I University (Spain).
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of peace, human rights, democracy; and prevention of conflicts through peaceful solutions.
- To facilitate local, regional and international collaboration between high-level internationally recognized researchers and the teaching and research staff of the University.
- To promote education for peace, human rights and democracy through teacher training and the development of didactic material on this topic. One of the principal activities of the Chair will be the creation of a Master in Studies for Peace and Development.
- Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Mexico (Toluca, Mexico). Website
- University of Innsbruck (Austria). Website
- Universidade Federal de Sergipe (Brazil). Website
- Instituto de Paz y Conflictos de la Universidad de Granada (Spain). Website
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
- Progress Report 2005-2006 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO Chair of Philosophy for Peace
Dr Vicent Martínez Guzmán, Universidad Jaume I, Centro Internacional Bancaixa para la Paz y el Desarrollo
E-Mail address - martguz(at)fis.uji.es
Work Phone - 34 964 72 93 80
Fax - 34 964 72 93 85
Street - Sede del Campus Universidad Jaume I, Avda. Sos Baynat, s/n
City - Castellón
Postal Code - 12071
Country - Spain