UNESCO Chair Pere Durán Farell "Technology and Culture"(451), established in 1999 at the Center of Research for the History of Technology, Polytechnic University of Catalonia , Barcelona (Spain).
Technology and culture.
- To clarify the meaning of the fundamental concept of "technology ".
- To work out a database on the most significant contributions to this topic, in order to constitute a theoretical framework which will give sense to the “products” of the Chair.
- To carry out significant contributions to the studies relating to the cultural aspect of technology, so as to contribute to the knowledge of these processes.
- To create optional courses, as well as postgraduate programs focused on the various aspects the central matter of the UNESCO Chair offers.
- To organize didactics sessions and activities of information that structures the cultural offer of the University within the framework of the University activities of continuous training.
- To produce a specific theoretical material in order to produce a series of publication on the topic "Technology and culture".
- Center of Research for the History of Technology, Higher Technical school of Industrial Engineering, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Barcelona Polytechnic. Website
- UNESCO Chair Pere Durán Farell "Technology and Culture". Webpage
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
- Progress Report 2006 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO Chair Pere Durán Farell "Technology and Culture".
Prof. Antoni Roca Rosell, ETS Ingeniería Industrial de Barcelona , Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña
UNESCO Chairholder, UNESCO Chair Pere Durán Farell “Technology and Culture”
E-Mail address - Antoni.Roca-Rosell(at)upc.edu
Work Phone - +34-934-01-66-33 /934-01-66-29
Fax - +34-934-01-17-13
Street - Av. Diagonal 647
City - Barcelona
Postal Code - 08034
Country - Spain