UNESCO Chair in Early Childhood Education and Sustainable Development (789), established in 2007 at Göteborg University (Sweden).
Early Childhood Education and Sustainable Development.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of early childhood education and sustainable development.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Sweden and elsewhere in Europe and North America, and in other regions of the world.
- The specific objectives of this Chair are:
- To promote the principles enshrined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child as a fundamental text and point of departure for collaboration with universities in the North and South;
- To teach children democratic values through sharing and respect for others at an early age, which is part of the quality education imperative that is emphasized at Göteborg University and a teacher training skills and awareness of the concept of knowledge;
- To reinforce cooperation with parents;
- To collaborate closely with universities in the North and South as an effective means of better targeting research that draws attention to early experiences and their impact on life-long learning and human development.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Mrs Pam Fredman, Göteborg University
Work Phone - +46 (0)31 786 18 60
Fax - +46 (0)31 786 43 88
Street - Box 100
City - Göteborg
Postal Code - S-405 30
Country - Sweden