UNESCO Chair in Education for Sustainable Development (727), established in 2006 at Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg (Sweden).
Education for sustainable development. Higher Education.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of education for sustainable development.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Sweden and elsewhere in Europe and North America, and in other regions of the world.
- The purpose of this Chair shall also be to integrate and implement national and regional policies and strategies for sustainable development through its University programmes and practices, and promote a multidisciplinary approach to learning, research and training, with collaborating UNESCO Chairs and civil society in the North and the South in order to promote mutual understanding of the principles and values of sustainable development through higher education.
- Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg. Website
- The Alliance of Global Sustainability (AGS):
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology , Zurich (Switzerland). Website
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA). Website
- University of Tokyo (Japan). Website
- European Panel on Sustainable Development (EPSD): Centre for Environment and Sustainability. Website
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
- Progress Report 2006 (short version). Activities of the UNESCO Chair in Education for Sustainable Development.
Mr John Holmberg, Chalmers University of Technology, Centre for Environment and Sustainability
UNESCO Chairholder, Vice Dean of the Centre for Environment and Sustainability, Head of Physical Resource Theory
E-Mail address - John.Holmberg(at)chalmers.se
Work Phone - +46 31 7723145
Fax - +46 31 772 3150
City - Göteborg
Postal Code - SE-412 96
Country - Sweden