UNESCO Chair in Education for Sustainable Development (734), established in 2006 at Lund University, Lund (Sweden).
Education for sustainable development.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of education for sustainable development.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Sweden and elsewhere in Europe and North America, and in other regions of the world.
- The short-term objective is to develop on-line courses for sustainable development and to conduct training with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Lund University, Sweden. Website
- The Center for Environmental Education and Communications (CEEC) of the Chinese State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA)
- Dubai Municipality, UAE
- Dubai International Award for best practices to Improve Living Environment
- Zayed University (UAE)
- Euro-Arab Cooperation Center
- Foundation for Environmental Education
- The Swedish Research Council (KVA)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Professor Lena Neij, International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE)
E-Mail address – Lena.Neij(at)iiiee.lu.se
Work Phone - +46-46-222-02-68
Street - PO Box 196
City - Lund
Country - Sweden