UNESCO Chair in technologies for development (763), established in 2007 at l’École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland).
Technologies, sustainable development.
- To promote capacity building through exchange and sharing of knowledge in a spirit of solidarity;
- To strengthen research institutions of Southern countries through exchanges of scientific research projects, and by further development of joint educational programs;
- To promote research in technology and innovation adapted to the context of developing countries through partnerships with local institutions, in order to develop innovative solutions for the most vulnerable populations.
- Institut international de l'eau et de l'environnement (Burkina Faso)
- Universidad del Valle (Colombia)
- Ministry of Science and Technology (India)
UNESCO Sector / Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof Jean-Claude Bolay, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
E-Mail address - jean-claude.bolay(at)epfl.ch /gabriela.tejada(at)epfl.ch
Work Phone - + 41 21 693 70 01
Cellular Phone - +41 21 693 3012
City - 1015 Lausanne
Country - Switzerland