UNESCO Chair in Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (264), established in 1997 at Galatasaray University (Turkey).
- To enhance the institutional capacity-building of the University: supervising of the construction of a computer-integrated manufacturing laboratory for educational purposes which will be used for educational programmes.
- To promote regional training, research, information and documentation activities focusing on the multiple relations between education and the manufacturing industry through the organization of continuing training programmes and the development of joint projects.
- To upgrade the quality of industrial engineering and computer engineering.
- To produce graduates corresponding to the needs of modern manufacturing systems.
- To establish scientific co-operation between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and the research team of the University, and other universities and research institutions, both nationwide and international.
- Galatasaray University. Website
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Dr. E. Ertugrul Karsak, Galatasaray University, Faculty of Engineering and Technology
E-Mail address - ekarsak(at)gsu.edu.tr
Work Phone - (90-212) 259 1064
Fax - (90-212) 259 5557
Street - Ciragan Caddesi No: 36 Ortakoy
City - Istanbul
Postal Code - 34357
Country - Turkey