United States of America
Mobile UNESCO Chair dedicated to the Problems of Habitability in the Hispanoamerican Cities and to the Integral Revitalization of their Historical Centres (173), established in 1996 at the University of Puerto Rico (United States of America).
Cultural heritage; Cities.
- To organize multidisciplinary conferences, seminars and workshops, exhibitions and present audiovisual materials.
- To develop curriculum and educational materials.
- To provide technical assistance to the relevant local authorities and communitarian projects for activities related to the improvement of quality of life in the cities, and especially in the historical centres.
- To develop a database within the University's library
- To organize summer courses in collaboration with the interested institutions.
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico . Website
- UNESCO Chair of the CENCREM (Cuba). Website
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Dr. Manuel Torres Márquez, UNESCO Chairholder
Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico, Recinto Metropolitano(UIPR), Facultad de Estudios Humanísticos, Depto. de Artes Liberales
E-Mail address - calidaddevidapr(at)yahoo.com; mtorres.marquez(at)ntermetro.edu
Work Phone - (787) 250-1912 ext. 2422/2900
Cellular Phone - (787) 640-8326
Fax - (787) 751-3915
Street - Apartado 191293
City - San Juan, Puerto Rico-00919-1293