United States of America
UNESCO Chair in creating independent, pluralistic media: training and exchange programme for journalists (703), established in 2005 at the Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate, at Boulder, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, within the framework of ORBICOM Network (United States of America).
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of journalism.
- It will provide capacity-building for young journalists to produce fair, accurate and inclusive media content in their countries and to contribute to developing a culture of peace through human understanding.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and institutions in other regions of the world.
- University of Colorado, School of Journalism and Mass Communication. Website
- International Network of UNESCO Chairs in Communications (ORBICOM), the University of Quebec at Montreal (Canada). Webpage
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Communication and Information, UNESCO Office in New York.
- Progress Report 2005-2006 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO Chair in creating independent, pluralistic media.
Dr Marguerite J. Moritz, School of Journalism & Mass Communication, University of Colorado
E-Mail address - moritzm(at)colorado.edu
Work Phone - 303-492-1610
Fax - 303-492-0969
Street - The Armory, 1511 University, Campus Box 478
City - Boulder
Province/State - CO 80309-0478
Country - United States of America