United States of America
UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Rivers (808), established in 2008 at the University of Washington (United States of America).
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of sustainable rivers.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in the United States of America and elsewhere in Europe and the North American region, as well as in other regions of the world.
- The overall objectives of this Chair are to improve and sustain the environmental and cultural vitality associated with rivers. This will be accomplished through two specific but interrelated objectives:
- the improvement of riverine resources conservation through the acquisition and dissemination of knowledge about their basic environmental and cultural characteristics;
- and the demonstration that environmental and cultural characteristics or rivers are intimately linked.
- University of Washington (USA). Website
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences; UNESCO Liaison Office in New-York.
Mr Mark A. Emmert, University of Washington
E-Mail address - pres(at)u.washington.edu
Work Phone - (1) 206-543-5010
Street - 301 Gerberding Hall , Box 351207
City - Seattle
Postal Code - WA 98195-1230
Country - United States of America