UNESCO Chair in Human Rights (790), established in 2007 at the Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Buenos Aires (Argentina).
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of human rights. It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University, other institutions in Argentina, Latin America and the Caribbean, and in other regions of the world to encourage them to include this subject in their research scope.
- The general objectives of this Chair are:
- to enlarge the space for academic reflection, analysis and definition of areas for research on human rights, by means of an interdisciplinary focus that links contributions from researchers, academics and members of regional and national non-governmental organizations in order to provide continuity to the content of Masters in Human Rights;
- to promote international intellectual cooperation and provide momentum for the progress and dissemination of knowledge in human rights;
- to promote training of qualified personnel and high-level research in the field of human rights; and
- to develop theoretical and methodological strategies that define and nurture university-civil society relations for the construction of a human rights culture
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue (Argentina). Website
- UNESCO Chair in Human Rights, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico
- Universidad Fasta
- Misión Argentina Permanente en Naciones Unidas N.Y.
- Secretaría de Derechos Humanos de la Nación, Buenos Aires
- Centro de Estudios Legales y Sociales (CELS), Buenos Aires
- Asamblea por los Derechos Humanos delegación Nequén
- Obispado de Neuduén
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences, UNESCO Office in Montevideo.
Dra Haydee Sylvia Contrafatto, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Facultad de Derecho y Ciencias Sociales
E-Mail address - h_silvia_contrafatto(at)yahoo.com.ar
Work Phone - (54 02941)-433-668/69/70
Street - Calle Mendoza 2155
City - General Roca
Province/State - Provincia de Rio Negro
Postal Code - 8300
Country - Argentina