UNESCO Chair in Cultural Diversity, Gender and Border Territories (1003), established in 2012 at the Federal University of Grande Dourados (Brazil)
Cultural diversity, gender and border territories.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- carry out research on the relationship between cultural diversity, gender and border territories;
- design an extension course in intercultural education, and provide training at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- maintain a database on the relationship between intercultural, gender and border territories, and consolidate the Intercultural Documental Archive on borderline social groups;
- produce and disseminate publications on intercultural, gender and boundary relationships; and,
- organize seminars and conferences to facilitate the exchange of information and good practices, help build a community of interest and international network, and promote the reflection on the role of cultural policies on endogenous and sustainable development.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Culture; UNESCO Office in Brasilia
Contact: Professor Damião Duque de Farias, Rector
Universidade Federal da Grande Dourados
João Rosa Goes Street, 1761 – Vila Progrresso, PO Box 322
79.825-070 Dourados MS