UNESCO Chair in Education and Innovation for Solidarity-Based Cooperation (993), established in 2012 at the University of International Integration of Afro-Brazilian Lusitanian Countries- UNILAB (Brazil).
Education and innovation for development.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- carry out research, jointly with partners, to enhance theory and practice in teaching and learning in basic education;
- design courses, produce educational resources and management tools to improve educational management and teaching/learning practices at the local, national and global levels;
- contribute to training professionals on innovative ICT-supported practices in educational management, with a focus on teaching/learning processes in strategic areas;
- design and implement, in cooperation with partners, activities aimed at promoting quality basic education as a human right, including education for work, innovation and solidarity; and,
- organize seminars and conferences, establish an e-learning platform and create an observatory of basic education, as well as a database to facilitate networking and cooperation, the exchange of ideas, skills, resources and good practices in basic, secondary and higher education.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, UNESCO Office in Brasilia
Contact: Prof. Paulo Speller, Rector
The University of International Integration of Afro-Brazilian Lusitanian Countries- UNILAB
Avenida da Abolição, 3 – Centro
Redenção – CE