UNESCO Chair in Information and Communication Technology in Education (975), established in 2012 at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil).
ICTs in education.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- engage in academic research programmes and facilitate the participation of undergraduate and postgraduate students in state-of-the-art research projects;
- design and produce digital education material for different media (Internet, digital TV, mobile devices etc.) to enhance teaching practices at various educational levels;
- promote digital literacy by incorporating technological skills into curricula;
- train teachers on the use of ICTs in their pedagogical practices; and,
- disseminate knowledge, technology and educational materials to assist institutions in the country, the region and globally, so as to enhance their pedagogical practices.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Communication and Information; UNESCO Office in Brasilia
Mr Carlos Alexandre Netto
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
Av. Paulo Gama n.° 110-6° andar,
Porto Alegre, RS
CEP: 900400-060 Brazil