UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development (33), established in 1993 at the Institute of Psychology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
Disciplines related to sustainable development.
- To promote an integrated system of research, information and documentation activities and to develop advanced graduate programs and continuous training.
- To analyse the socio-political and socio-cultural aspects of sustainable development from a multi-field viewpoint and to improve the capacities of formulation of integrated policies in environment and development.
- Institute of Psychology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. Website
- Website of the network EICOS - Estudos Interdisciplinares de Comunidades e Ecologia Social.
- Environmental Department of the City of Pedra Mole, Sergipe (Brazil).
- UNESCO Chair / Network in sustainable development, Laval University (Canada).
- University of La Habana (Cuba). Website
- Ecole des hautes études en sciences sociales (France). Website
- UNESCO Chair in Environment and Sustainable Development, University of Granada (Spain). Website
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences; UNESCO Office in Brasilia.
- Progress Report 2006 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO Chair in sustainable development.
Prof. María Inácia D'Avila, Programa EICOS, Instituto de Psicologia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
UNESCO Chairholder, UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development
E-Mail address - inadavila(at)uol.com.br
Work Phone - (5521) 229 534 81
Fax - 5521 3295.3185
Street - Av. Pasteur, 250
City - Rio de Janeiro
Postal Code - CEP 22290 240
Country - Brésil