UNESCO Chair on Emerging Social Challenges (824), established in 2008 at the Higher Education Institute of Brasilia (Brazil).
Emerging Social Challenges.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of emerging social challenges. It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the Institute and other institutions in Brazil and elsewhere in Latin America and the Caribbean, and in other regions of the world.
- The specific objectives of this Chair shall be to:
- ensure that teachers and staff of all schools in Ceilandia understand and assure the principles of the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development;
- work with groups of government officials and social workers to improve the quality and effectiveness of public services and collective process related to local development;
- engage and qualify human resources able to plan, implement, and manage socio-environmental organizations and programmes;
- and organize and keep a permanent South-South cooperation network, above all with Latin American and the Caribbean countries, with emphasis on actions that contribute to the reduction of social inequalities.
- Higher Education Institute of Brasilia (Brazil). Website
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences, UNESCO Office in Brasilia.
Profª Eda Coutinho Barbosa Machado, Higher Education Institute of Brasilia
E-Mail address - eda(at)iesb.br
Work Phone - 55 - 61-3448.9834
Fax - 55-61-3448.9897
Street - SGAN Quadra 609 , conjunto D, Av. L2 Norte
City - Brasília – DF
Postal Code - 70850-090
Country - Brazil