UNESCO-UNU Chair/Network on Global Economics and Sustainable Development (42), established in 1996 at Colegio do Brasil (Brazil).
- Establishment of connections between research centres and teaching population of all continents in order to promote systematic studies on the process of globalization and its relationship with regional and national realities.
- These studies prioritize three major themes: the analytic study of the globalization process; its main trends and impacts in global and regional levels; the connections between structural analysis and the most immediate behaviour of the global economy in order to evaluate schemes and their probable developments.
- Colegio do Brasil. Website
- United Nations University. Website
- Universidade Federal Fluminense (Brazil). Website
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). Website
- Centro de Investigaciones de la Economia Mondial (Cuba).
- Chinese Center for Third World Studies (China).
- GEMDEV (France). Website
- IMEMO - Institute of World Economy and International Relations, Russian Academy of Sciences (Russian Federation) . Website
- Institute of Logic, Philosophy and Theory of Science (ILPTS).
- CELA-Centro de Estudios Latinoamericanos - UNAM (Mexico). Website
- Fernand Braudel Center (USA). Website
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences; UNESCO Office Brasilia.
Prof. Theotônio dos Santos, Universidade Cândido Mendes - Instituto de Humanidades
UNESCO Chairholder, UNESCO-UNU Chair / Network on Global Economics and Sustainable Development
E-Mail address - theotoni(at)terra.com.br
Work Phone - 55-21-2518 0267
Fax - 55 21 558 9382
Street - Praça Pio X, 7º sala 810- Centro
City - Rio de Janeiro - RJ
Postal Code - 20040-020
Country - Brazil