UNESCO Chair in Comparative Higher Education Policies and Systems (800), established in 2008 at Universidad Diego Portales, Santiago (Chile).
Higher education policies and systems.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of comparative higher education policies and systems. It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Chile and elsewhere in Latin America and the Caribbean, and in other regions of the world.
- The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- analyze the process of higher education change in developing countries, to better formulate, design, implement, manage and evaluate policies and programmes that seek change, and evaluate the adaptation of systems and national institutions to the new environment;
- comparatively explore changes and future scenarios in world higher education with the aim of improving knowledge and capacity for action in developing countries, higher education systems and institutions;
- participate actively in the development of south-south and Latin American research networks, which examine higher education’s policy transformations and incorporate this knowledge, as well as that produced by multinational organizations and institutions in the north, into local policy and training; and
- provide training and workshops, as well as consulting and communication, about policy formulation and management at the institutional and system levels with focus on Latin America and the Caribbean and south-south collaboration.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, IESALC; UNESCO Office in Santiago.
Dr José Joaquín Brunner, Universidad Diego Portales, Instituto de Investigación en Ciencias Sociales (ICSO)
E-Mail address - josejoaquin.brunner(at)gmail.com
Work Phone - +562 240-03-11
Cellular Phone - +569 099-17-90
Street - Avenida Ejército Libertador 333
City - Santiago
Country - Chili